Friday, February 8, 2013

The Biz- Jim Sundberg

When I started this blog it was to showcase, and share the three hobbies that I enjoy. Those hobbies are baseball cards, pocket schedules, and business cards. While I've showed some business cards, and pocket schedules when they arrive in either trades, or in artelopes. The biggest share of this blog has been about baseball cards. While I have really enjoyed sharing my opinions on cards, and done some different types of posts with pictures of baseball cards.

Every so often I want to share a business card or two, and let them stand on their own. Doing these posts will hopefully be enjoyable for you the readers of this blog. Some of these in my opinion are pretty cool, and as you will see over time is the reason I enjoy collecting them. Some are more than just the team logo. As with the Artelopes I will label these posts.. The Biz....

I wanted to go big with this series, and share something huge. Thinking through what would be the biggest card to start with. I came up with a card that covers baseball in a big way.


As you can see I deleted Jim's contact information so he can keep his privacy. The Rangers have decent cards design wise. They aren't great, but they aren't bad either. Most MLB teams are lacking in design with a few standouts. In general most are like this one as it's just the team logo, and information. This card is the currently the only ex-player that I have in the collection. Hopefully in the future I can add some other big names into the collection.

Jim has been in the Rangers front office since 2004 in various positions. In 2008 he was named as the Senior Executive Vice President. This is the position Mr. Sundberg still holds to this very day.

If there is a team's card you'd love to see in the future let me know as I'd love to share them. All sports are fair game as this collection covers them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment