Saturday, April 26, 2014

On A Losing Streak

Going into all the events when the month started, and continuing with a trip today. I haven't been doing very well in my stops at Goodwill lately. While the trips have been limited to only three this month due to everything going on. My takes from these trips has been a big old goose egg.

(Most consecutive losses for a pitcher)

To be fair though its not that I haven't seen some things I considered buying. I have just been much pickier while I wait on finishing up the future hobby room. 

(Most consecutive losing seasons for a team 18 from 1993-2010)

Something in me doesn't want to spend money on an item, and then wonder what I'm going to do with it. I'd like to know when I buy a frame, or something that it will work with the new room. Don't get me wrong on all this. If the right bobblehead or other shelf item that caught my eye came along. That item would be making the trip home, and finding room on some sort of shelf. Sadly though that hasn't happened for awhile. Hopefully in the near future I can get the room completed, and then my luck will turn around. 
(1899 Cleveland Spiders. Most losses by a team in one season)

Who knows maybe finishing the room will slow down what I buy even more.  Either way I enjoy the hunt that going into Goodwill, yard sales, and swap meets. So all this wont slow me down in the slightest. It will just mean the posts about these journeys will be harder to come by.
 

1 comment:

  1. Poor Anthony Young. He went to high school just down the road from me and is a fellow Houston Cougar as well. He had better numbers that the 3-30 record he had over '92/'93. Not really good numbers mind you, but better than the w/l shows.

    ReplyDelete