Sunday, March 13, 2016

And Then There Were Two

Since creating the new blog Prowling Cat's Hobbies Madness these type of posts have been moved over there. Despite the change every so often these will appear back here, and I thought this would be the perfect time.

Starting with the fall of 2015 I was doing a full court press on attempting to finish both the NBA, and NBADL business cards. While doing well with the NBADL the NBA has been a very slow process that had still left me with three teams missing. One of those three the Charlotte Hornets got this artelope very late in 2015.


Much like the other couple years it went unanswered, and was thus sent to the lost files.

Unlike the past though, like I said a full court press is currently going on. What this meant is it was time to try something different, and scrap the artelope for the plain old request without the artwork. So a regular good old fashioned envelope was sent out in hope of a much better return. Not knowing what to expect my SASE came back this week, and jackpot!!


The Hornets sent four of the schedules on the top, and more importantly the business card below. Adding this business card now leaves the NBA at two hold outs for a full collection.

New Orleans Pelicans
New York Knicks

If anyone is in the area for these two teams I would be forever in your debt if you could nab me just one business card from the team. I'd take more than one card if you felt the need, but one card would make this cat your friend for life.

Once again, if you enjoyed the artelopes project it can be found over at The Prowling Cat's Hobbies Madness. There you will find the list for all my remaining business cards from all the sports. Even if a team isn't on the list I am always willing to take any sports team, and college athletic department business card you are willing to send my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment