Monday, June 16, 2014

A Sad Day

Just got out of the shower, and was watching halftime of the Germany versus Portugal game. Listening to the domination by Germany I noticed Gwynn written across the bottom. Was sad to see that this legend has passed away at 54.

While it was from a distance I can say I was honored to have seen the man last year on vacation when we went to the Padres game. He was doing a teaching thing for television on the wiffle ball field. At the time I was thrilled beyond belief, but upset at the same time. The thrill was I haven't seen many players like him in person throughout my life. The upset was he looked rough, and I felt in my heart that he didn't have many years left.


All I can say is it was an honor to have seen you play.

2 comments:

  1. Reading about everyone's personal stories have helped me deal with his passing. Thanks for sharing.

    Rest in peace, Mr. Gwynn.

    ReplyDelete