Monday, April 29, 2013

A Memorable Trade

Today I just completed a trade that will affect any trade, and visit to card show or card shop for quite some time. The reason for this is something I've learned from doing this blog. Back in February I went to what was my first card show since the nineties. While I picked up a good batch of cards for my sets I picked up a group of 3 or 4 cards for just throwing into a trade as a surprise. One of those cards was a Tom Seaver card that I just thought looked cool. I know there are a couple bloggers that collect Mets, and a few other online traders that are also Met collectors. Not knowing who, or when it would make its way into an envelope I thought 'Why not?'

That day came this month when I had a trade going with Kevin from the online trading groups TradingBases. The trade sent Kevin the last '2013 Topps Calling Card', and two cards for his 2013 Heritage. This is when the thought hit me to add the Seaver as a toss in, and make it four cards. When the cards finally arrived Kevin sent me an e-mail that made it all worth it. Unknowingly, Seaver was the final card he needed for the set. This card I believe was from 2004, and what set it was from I couldn't tell you. As I said before, it just looked cool so I bought it.

On Monday Kevin's side of the trade arrived, and I can safely say I am just as excited if not more than Kevin was with his half. Starting off the package were some hits to the player wants.


Adding to the joy was six hits to the 2013 Topps set.


Finishing off the main part of this trade, Kevin hit two other sets I have been working on for awhile.


Included with the trade was another batch of fun, but I'm going to save that for Tuesday's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment