Sunday, March 3, 2013

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Lets Go Racing - Subway Fresh Fit 500

WHAT TO EXPECT::
Phoenix is still an unknown since the track was paved not long ago. Along with the paving came some subtle changes that all the drivers are still adjusting to. All this means that there could be a fair amount of cautions or it could run with very few cautions. If the Nationwide race on Saturday was any indicator it will have a decent amount of cautions.

MY RACE FAVORITE::
For the second week in a row I have to pick a driver I'm not a fan of for my race favorite. After winning the Daytona 500, Jimmie Johnson comes in Phoenix at a track he does fairly well at. This is one of those tracks for Johnson that is an all or nothing. He will either finish up in the front ending up top 8, or he will bomb with a finish in the lower half of the racers. With the finish at Daytona I'm going to say it will be an all in..

DARK HORSES::
My first pick here is Joe Gibbs Racings driver Denny Hamlin. Denny much like Johnson runs real good in Phoenix. Denny is even the returning Champion of this very race. Something about this track draws the best from Denny so I can't go against that.


I wanted to go with Kyle Busch in this spot again as despite blowing an engine last week Kyle is still running hot. Something keeps telling me that would be a homer pick so I'm going to go with another Hendrick's driver in Jeff Gordon. I have no reasoning in why I'm picking Gordon other than I just have this feeling he is going to have a good race, and finish towards the front.




PRE-RACE STANDINGS::
                                      PTS.
1-- Jimmie Johnson           47
     2-- Dale Earnhardt Jr.        42   
3-- Mark Martin                  41
4-- Brad Keselowski           41
5-- Ryan Newman              40
6-- Greg Biffle                    38
7-- Danica Patrick              37
8-- Michael McDowell        35
9-- J.J. Yeley                      34
10-- Clint Bowyer               34
WC-- Ricky Stenhouse Jr.  32
WC-- Aric Almirola            31

No comments:

Post a Comment