Friday, March 27, 2015

Goodbye to the 'Hot Rod'

Despite having the no showing basketball cards thing going on here. It doesn't stop me from giving appreciation to the basketball people I've grown to love.

It was just announced during the Utah versus Duke game that the great 'Hot Rod' Hundley has passed away.


As a kid I grew up listening to basketball games, and actually loved playing the sport. During that time I was one of the many people who got to hear Hundley call Utah Jazz games. Sitting here writing this I can still recall his many calls of Karl Malone, and John Stockton running the 'pick, and roll'.

It's sad, and refreshing at the same time that his passing is bringing back that memory. I wish it was under different circumstances that I was remembering those calls. More than anything though it shows the man did a great job during his broadcasting career, and left an impression with atleast one fan.

1 comment:

  1. I was bummed to hear this. He is an all time great here at WVU.

    ReplyDelete