Thursday, June 19, 2014

Keep The Middle Man

During my lifetime I have heard all sorts of things bashing the middle man. Radio commercials telling you to cut out the middle man. Newspaper ads telling you that you need to eliminate the middle man. Today I am here to sell you on why we need the middle man.

Back some time ago while doing one of my mass mailings of cards to fellow collectors. I sent out some cards to TradingBases member Gary. How long ago, and what I sent I can't begin to tell you. Until Gary contacted me about how up to date my wantlists are, I didn't remember sending Gary anything. Maybe that is my getting older kicking in. After giving him the blog address he went to searching for cards that were on those wantlists. A day passed, and then another before an e-mail came from Gary. That e-mail contained the information that a middle man by the name of Mark would be sending cards from Gary.


Starting off the PWE was one of the three remaining cards missing for my 2013 series 1. Leaving me at only 35, and 279 as the remaining two for completion of that set.


Rounding out the 2013 Topps were some cards towards series 2. I'd give a list of remaining cards, but the list is still a long one.

Not happy with just sending some 2013 Topps, Mark tossed in a couple schedules for good measure.


With a PWE like this I can now say I am a huge fan of using a middle man in trading. Kind of leaves me wanting all my trades to use a middle man even. If every middle man was more like Mark people wouldn't be trying to eliminate them all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, I broke a case of 2013 Series 2 and could probably send literally all of your needs. E-mail me and let me know what you need.

    ReplyDelete