Monday, June 9, 2014

Feeling Patriotic

On Saturday morning I was able to convince the wife that a trip over to Corvallis, and a stop into the Goodwill. It cost me a trip out to breakfast which I was more than willing to do.

The Corvallis Goodwill is the one I rarely get to visit as it is out of the way when it comes to my roaming trips. This is the store I've always commented on about being the one you can find cards at sometimes. Getting cards there is very rare though as most times it is overpriced junk wax. I wonder at times if the person pricing cards was a collector in the 90's, and still believes those cards are worth millions. When I do find some cool cards there, and they are decent priced I buy them.

While it is starting to sound like I bought cards from this little trip, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Going through the store there were only four bags filled with cards. All four were potpourri's of cards with baseball, basketball, and football from the junk wax era. One I did notice seemed to have come from a Sammy Sosa collector. My guess is about a third of the cards were various Sosa's.

What I did come home with left me feeling patriotic, and screamed for me to bring it home. As I was getting ready to leave empty-handed a quick glance to my right along the wall revealed a baseball display. Contained within this display were five bobbleheads, and a Will Clark statue. Having two of the bobbleheads, and the other three being way to overpriced for my liking. Only one was going to be honored enough to make the trip home with me. The winner was Mike Cameron, and this bobblehead.


Seeing the red, white, and blue part on the base is why I felt so patriotic when I looked at Cameron. My belief is that it has nothing to do with patriotism, but represents Cameron being in an all-star game. Either way it's a cool bobbler that I'm proud to own.

1 comment: