Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Little Inspiration

If you've visited the blog in the past you will now notice that the main banner, and the background have now changed. This is something I have thought about doing in the past, but never pulled the trigger on. Today that all changed as P-Town Tom who runs the blog Waiting 'til Next Year inspired me by changing his main banner to start the year off fresh.

Thanks to Tom's inspiration I started doing some searches, and came up with the picture for the new main banner for The Prowling Cat. Some tinkering with text looks, and I came up with what you see above. Personally I am pretty pleased with the results, and will keep it through the year, and who knows maybe longer. You will also see that it continues my usage of tigers for the banner. This is something that will never change as the tiger is my favorite cat. Honestly seeing a picture of a tiger on the prowl was what inspired the name The Prowling Cat. In honor of this tigers will always be the cat I use for anything related to this blog.

Going with the new banner is a new background. This is something that is always a work in progress with me. While I get satisfied with my banners the one thing I've never been truly satisfied with is backgrounds. Maybe one day that will change, but for now you get this one on odds are a temporary basis. Once again thank you for the inspiration Tom, and go check his blog along with the new logo for 2014.

2 comments: