Saturday, February 28, 2015

Just Some Business

Normally I wouldn't post about a trade like this, but when these cards came in I was so excited that I just can't not post about it. The trade which is my biggest, and best ever for sports related business cards took out some serious wants.

Things started while doing the good old famous search for sports related business cards on e-bay. During this search the name of a fellow member or the business card collectors club I'm a member of popped up. Normally these searches will come up with cards from the wantlist, but nothing from the level that this batch had. Usually containing only a couple cards I've never felt it was worth it to pay the price only for two or three cards. Jeff's batch had a good amount though, and was worth trying to contact him in hopes that there might be more.

Luck was on my side as Jeff got back to me with the news that he did have more of a few of the cards in the batch. Thinking I would do something I'm not normally willing to do with a blind trade. We exchanged e-mails a couple times a week for one month to hash out what I would be sending his direction. Jeff wanted some other hard to find categories that weren't sports related for his. In the end this blind trade worked out better than I ever imagined.


I might not be the biggest basketball fan, but getting these was an awesome start. Being able to cross two more NBA teams off the shrinking wants is always good. Now all that is remaining to finish off the NBA is Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Pelicans, New York Knicks, and Toronto Raptors. If you either have one, or can get a business card from any of these teams I'd love to hear from you.

Ironically I have been thinking about artelope ideas for the Hawks, and just never sent one out. As for the Cavaliers I did send out an artelope which I've given up on, and consider a member of the 'Lost Files'. So why not just make it official, and show it off now while I'm talking Cavaliers.


Why the Cavaliers never responded will remain a mystery. Their business card shows the Lake Erie Monsters logo, and they have always been great to me. No loss as thanks to Jeff their is a Cavaliers business card residing in the collection.

From there two more wants from Major League Soccer joined into the fold.


Soccer cards were the reason I made this contact. The good news is he still had these two cards, the bad news is I think there was another two in the batch that he sold. No complaints though as adding these two works for me. As for the MLS there are 14 teams still missing, two are franchises that will be in their inaugural season in 2015. That is if they have a season due to the players, and owners currently having contract issues. Hopefully they work it out as I'm in the camp that believes no play could be devistating to the league.

Not to be left out the sport that rules the roost right now got some much needed attention. Thrown in was two cards for NFL teams that were missing in the collection, and one that is a new design.


Indianapolis is one of those teams I've thought about writing a few times, and for some weird reason just never did. Maybe the reason is one day this card would make its way into the collection without writing the team. Denver is a new design for a card that I'm beaming to add into the collection. As a fan of the Broncos it's always nice to add a new card from your favorite team into the mix. Jacksonville is another of those I didn't think I'd ever acquire. One of the first teams that I'd ever done an artelope for, I've been kind of shy about attempting again being they didn't return anything.

Closing out the showing off is some odds, and end that have never crossed my mind.


These are just four fun cards that will find some form of home in a binder. Adding cards that you've never even given a thought about is always a cool thing. Believe it, or not I have an area in a binder where these will fit perfectly.

Included was baseball, college, and some other sports that didn't get shown here. Inside was so much good stuff I had to do something I don't normally do, and share one of my business card trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment