Monday, February 3, 2014

Prowling The Coast

Since early on Thursday the cat was roaming the coast until Sunday morning. Part of this roaming was hitting the two antique malls I enjoy visiting. The good news is the first mall which happens to be my favorite produced the following.


Not a huge pick up, but to me it's going to be a great addition to the hobby room. Something about the logo just called out to me. So I had to listen, and bring it home. While looking through the mall a few other things caught my attention. The first was a booth had four different Mariners bobbleheads. Two were 2012 with them being Felix, and Dustin Ackley. The remaining two were a 2008 Franklin Gutierrez, and 2009 Yuniesky Betancourt. Already thinking I have Felix he was definitely not an option. As for the remaining three I wasn't willing to ante up fifteen dollars each. None of them were worth even close to that even if I am missing the 2008, and 2009 two for my collection.

One of the things I love most about this antique mall is the baseball cards. Usually there is an area where the guy is selling cards for either a quarter each or five for a dollar. The last two trips this area has been a disappointment. Things weren't a total loss as one card did make it into my possession. I'd love to show you said card, but it was bought for a fellow blogger who will be the one showing off the card. I'd get into the second antique mall, but simply put. The place was 1/3 or more empty. Thus nothing even came close to remotely coming home with me.

On Saturday we decided to travel a little north, and visit the beach. Another reason is they put out glass globes on the beach. We've never had any luck finding any, but the beach is cool there too. Heading back south I had mentioned to the wife an antique store I wanted to go into. At the cat-house during Christmas we have an m&m collection we display on a five shelf bookcase. Putting everything out this past Christmas the wife got to wondering if we had all the Christmas village tins. Doing a search via e-bay we came up with six tins missing. Creating a list the search was on. Before then I had seen this store had a collection of the tins, but didn't know what they had exactly. This store was well worth the stop as we came away with five of the six tins.


Not baseball cards or sports related even, but to me still cool.

Later that night I had to make a trip to Walmart for a couple items. Being in a town different than where we live I didn't know what to expect. What I got is another place that I left without any cards. As of this writing no 2014 cards have made it into the collection. Hopefully I can remedy this soon as I'm itching to see them in person.

2 comments:

  1. The shot glass is a great pick up. I collect shot glasses from each ballpark I visit. I've been to SafeCo at least 4 times and I haven't grabbed one yet. I will have to get one if I go back up this season.

    ReplyDelete