Sunday, November 23, 2014

It's Not 2008 Topps, But I Like It

Larry who writes the blog 'My 2008 Topps Set Blog' recently dropped one of the famous PWE's on the cat. Contained within wasn't any 2008 Topps cards, but other items that are always welcomed at the cat house.


Every time someone like Larry sends me a schedule that is a couple years old I can't help, but wonder. Did he once collect schedules? Does he know another schedule collector he picks them up for, and saves a few for future trading? I ask, because some very unexpected schedules have found their way to me from some unexpected sources.


Newer schedules are always appreciated just as much as the older stuff around here. The wild part about these spring training schedules are you really have to pay attention to the year. They don't seem to put a whole lot of thought into their designs.


The Diamondbacks, and Rockies follow that same trend. They atleast change the angle of the picture they use for the stadium at the bottom. It's not much of a difference as I've mistaken different years schedules in the past.

Not everything was schedule related in this fun little PWE. Larry mixed it up with a card as well.


I had to save the card until last as it just hurt to much. Seeing it reminded me that there was no racing on television today. No fast cars running around an oval track at high speeds. No fights after the race to talk about all week. Just NFL football, and the chance to think about the college games we watched on Saturday.

Even with the sad reminder Larry. Thank you so much for the schedules, and card. They are very much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I have some schedules from the 1980s I could send your way. Back then, I wrote teams for schedules myself and got a few. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to take anything you don't want off your hands. Sent you an e-mail

      Delete
  2. You're welcome. Great post title!

    Yah I've collected schedules off and on. I grab a few now just because.

    ReplyDelete