Sunday, December 14, 2014

You Complete Me- The Crazies

Today we go to the sets type of sets we all have on our wants. Those sets that you figure will never get completed, or people look at and think what the? These are the sets that you look at, and think how could he not have a complete set of those. A few of these fit into the category of  what the heck is that set? In honor of these either tough or easy sets I'm doing my third, and last 'You Complete Me'.

1992 Pinnacle Team 2000
16- Dave Hollins
24- Bernie Williams
79- Reggie Jefferson

This is one of those sets that I started due to my love of prospects. All the players in this subset were expected to be stars by the year 2000. Even though all the players were in the MLB it still felt like a set I wanted for the prospects.

2014 has been a great year in adding to this set, and getting close to completion. Hopefully throwing this set out there in this post it will join the list of completed subsets.

1993 Milk Bone Superstars
1- Paul Molitor
2- Tom Glavine
4- Mark McGwire
14- Ben McDonald
18- Joe Girardi
19- Brady Anderson
20- Craig Biggio

When this set came out I actually owned a dog, and bought these treats for her. The fact that there was a card contained within the box was an added bonus. In something that will seem crazy, I'm actually more of a dog lover than cat lover. While I love the big cats like tigers, panthers, and mountain lions, give me a dog any day over a simple house cat. The dogs are the real reason I love these cards, and have been committed to completing this set one day.

On one of those crazy side notes about this set. During my time away from cards I came across a box of a few hundred of these at Goodwill, and passed on it. That box will now forever haunt me until the day this set is completed. Despite adding six cards this year from a trade I'm still looking for those final seven cards.

2000 Twizzlers
1~2~3~4~6~8~9~10~11~12

These cards came in packages of Twizzlers licorice in 2000. This was during the time frame that my baseball cards laid dormant, and explains why I only have two cards from the set. With how much I like Twizzlers it is kind of surprising that I didn't somehow buy more, and end up with atleast half a set.

2002 Twizzlers 
1~2~4~5~6~7~8~10

This set was a little more exciting than the first set in 2000. Twizzlers went from a set of baseball players to stars from various sports. The set covered baseball, basketball, football, soccer, and NASCAR superstars in ten cards. As with the 2000 set I can't tell you why I don't have more than the two that I currently have. Hopefully that will change one day as I'd love to complete both sets eventually.

Thank you for checking out not just the four sets from today, but the previous sets that I put out there in hopes of completing. These are just a few of the sets, and subsets that I'm trying to finish.

Even if you couldn't help with any of these there are a ton more that I'd love to take any help you can offer with. Who knows, maybe this will lead to a new trade partner for both of us with future cards.

2 comments:

  1. you can knock off 5 more of the milkbone, all but molitor and glavine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the '92 Pinnacle "Team 2000" inserts. Good luck completing that one, wish I had some to donate to the cause.

    ReplyDelete