Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bo Sunoco's Cards

Back on the third of this month there were some minor league cards looking for new homes. That is where Bo from the blog 'Baseball Cards Come To Life!' came to the rescue. Taking on the entire batch, and making sure they didn't wander the streets aimlessly.

Before taking on the rag tag bunch of cards Bo guided me to his traders. After giving them a look I came across these cards that are the sole reason for post title.


While I had heard of these once, but can't remember where. Before getting these from Bo I had never seen them.


Now that I have ten of the twelve cards maybe one day I will give them a little more research. Today just isn't that day so unless someone tells me about them they will remain a mystery.


Not only did Bo send cards he knew that the Cat has a soft spot for schedules. Knowing about this he mentioned to expect a few tossed in.What he didn't mention is it would be a sweet batch of Mets from the 90's.


This schedule wasn't quite the surprise that the Mets were. Bo mentioned that he was doing a Yankees game, and would be on the lookout for a Yankees schedule. Nailing down a schedule with the Babe on it was a fantastic addition to this entire envelope full of treasures.

Thank you so much for the cards, and schedules Bo. I look forward to a future exchange of cards.

2 comments:

  1. They're from the 2001 Sunoco Dream Team set. They were available at Sunoco gas stations. I actually bought a pack that year while paying for gas. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as Night Owl said you could get them at Sunoco shops. I bought more packs of those than I care to admit... I think they were two cards per pack but I don't remember for certain. I wrote about the set back in 2010 here: http://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2010/10/gas-station-dream-teams.html Since that post, I can say that I've completed the set!

    ReplyDelete