Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tony Gets A Late Thank You

Tony who runs the great blog Off Hiatus responded to a plea for help with my 2013 series 1 Topps set. He didn't just stop there though as Tony noticed quite a decent sized wantlist for the series 2 set as well. Seeing he could drop the two of those with one big fell swoop he contacted the cat to let him know the remaining cards for both sets were on their way. That is where things get ugly.

If you have been following this blog for awhile you know that I am so hit or miss when it comes to writing thank you's for cards that have been sent to me.

There are times I will step up to the plate with that look in my eyes that just says I am taking this thing deep.


Any time that I get that look a certain thrill comes across me. I know that I'm about to nail it, and show the sender how much I appreciate the cards. Sadly though there are those times that happen more often than I'd like them to.


The times when I stand in, and swing for the fences only to swing, and disrupt the air. Looking at the mound things still don't look very good.


So I think to myself in this situation there is only one thing I can do. That is what I did, and is why this post is long overdue.


I ran from doing this entire post. Hoping that the further I ran from this the easier it would get to write when the time came. Going on vacation I had dreams that maybe just maybe this thing would finally put itself together. Upon our return I wrote about our trip, but still hadn't gotten any ideas. It was driving me so crazy I just had to scream.


What am I going to do? I have to let the world know about how great of a guy Tony is for sending me all these cards. Maybe I can show a picture of the celebration going on when I got his mailer.


The problem with that is will it show just how thrilled I was or be to much? Hopefully it wasn't too much, and everyone including Tony knows how much I appreciate his help in completing these two sets.

Sorry that it has taken me so long to say thank you, Tony.You can't begin to imagine how thrilling it was to get such a great batch of cards, and complete two sets at once. I don't know how I can ever thank you enough, but I'm going to give it a try. It might take a few months but cards will be coming.

(This was just a small group of cards from the mailer Tony sent. I believe there were close to seventy cards when it was all done.)

1 comment:

  1. Not a problem, my friend, and your thanks post is plenty timely! Always glad to help another collector to complete a set if I can.

    ReplyDelete